Arduino - Robothlon'16
Robothlon'16 is a National level workshop series organized by Robosapiens Technologies in association with Rendezvous 2016 IIT Delhi. We are Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. an IIT-Bombay alumni venture.
Arduino workshop will focus on getting you up and running with Arduino quickly, so that you will understand the basic procedures for working with Arduino and can explore further on your own.
An Arduino is a small computer that you can program to control things like lights or motors along with listening to components like motion detection sensors. It can give your project interactivity without needing an expensive and large circuit. Instead, you use a computer to program the Arduino, upload your code to the Arduino, and hook up your circuit.
The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with Twelve hours session , properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions.
Certificate by Robothlon'16 in Association With Rendezvous 2016 IIT Delhi.
Day 1 (Session 1)
Introduction to Embedded System
- Introduction to Embedded System
- Applications & Scope of Embedded System in various industries
Introduction to Open Source platform
- An Overview of Open Hardware
- Arduino Board Description
Introduction to Microcontroller
This session would deal with the basics of Microcontroller. The focus will be on the AVR Micro controller, which is one of the most powerful and widely used 8 bit microcontroller.
- What is Microcontroller?
- Difference between Microcontroller and Microprocessor
- Microcontroller architecture and Interfacing
- Introduction to Microcontrollers & the Arduino Platform
- How can we use microcontroller in our circuits
Introduction to Programming Language
- Programming Languages- Assembly Vs Embedded 'C'
- Microcontroller Programming using Embedded 'C'
Introduction to software tool chain
- Software Installation
- Getting started with the Arduino IDE to start writing your first program
- Writing your First 'Embedded C' Program
Day 2 (Session 2)
Interfacing of I/O devices
- Types of LEDs.
- How LEDs works?
- How LEDs will glow in sequence?
- Interfacing of LED with Arduino
- Types of switches
- Their Functions
- Interfacing of switch with Arduino
- Types of Buzzer
- Uses of Buzzer in Real Time
- Interfacing of Buzzer with Arduino
- Types of Display Devices
- What is a Seven Segment Display?
- Internal Structure of Seven Segment
- How to glow Seven Segment?
- Interfacing of Seven Segment with Arduino
Day 2 (Session 3)
- What is ADC?
- Use of ADC
- What is Resolution?
- Uses of different ADC Registers
- Interfacing of Analog Devices with Digital World
- Difference between Parallel and Serial Communication
- USART / UART Protocol
- RS232 Standard
- TTL Converter
- UART Programming
Project to be Covered
- Blinking LED
- Counter using Seven Segment
- Digital Voltage Measurement
- PC-MC Communication
1x (Robosapien's Arduino Development Board)
- Programming via boot loading through USB Port or 6-Pin ISP (In System Programming) cable.
- Plug & Play device
- Three ports available for user interface: PORTB, PORTC, PORTD
- External Reset Switch
- On board crystal oscillator of 16 MHz frequency
- Two supply inputs: One through USB and Second through Adapter
- On board 5 volt regulated power supply for the board and external peripherals
1x (Arduino Multi-Functional Shield)
USB Cable (A to B Type)
- User Manual