Ethical Hacking - Robothlon'16
Robothlon'16 is a National level workshop series organized by Robosapiens Technologies in association with Rendezvous 2016 IIT Delhi. We are Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. an IIT-Bombay alumni venture.
This workshop mainly focuses on the students eager to be a White Hat Hacker. It features a brief introduction to the world of hacking starting with the importance of ethical hackers and their need in today's world scenario, including to the basics of networking that will help you have a deep understanding of the working of internet.
Later, windows hacking using various methods will be introduced and in the module of steganography you will learn how to hide files in other files in order to protect sensitive data. After the end of the aforementioned module you will be learning phishing in which you will be taught How to hack Facebook Accounts and Gmail Accounts and thus how to avoid it.
In the end you will gain knowledge about the basics of Backtrack 5 and the concept of man in the middle attack (MITM ATTACK).
Certificate by Robothlon'16 in Association With Rendezvous 2016 IIT Delhi.
Ethics and Hacking
- Hacking History- How It All Began
- Need For Ethical Hacking
- Why We Require Ethical Hackers
- Types Of Hackers
- Steps In Ethical Hacking
- Scopes In Hacking
- To exploit the vulnerabilities of windows using live devices and Universal Serial Bus (USB).
- What is Steganography?
- Hiding data behind Images, PDFs, Audio and Videos files
Basics Of Internet, Networking And Hacking
- What is a Network?
- Types of network – LANs, WANs & WLANs
- What is Internet?
- Basic Structure
- What is a Server?
- What is an IP Address?
- What is a domain name?
- IP-Domain Relation
- Client-Server Relationship Model
- Internet networking
- Set up Ad-hoc networks
- Basic explanation of exploitation of loopholes
SQL Injection Using DVWA
- Introduction of SQL
- What are SQL INJECTION and DVWA?
- Checking SQL injection vulnerability (Demo)
- Live demonstration of the attack (Demo)
- How to protect your system from attacks
Day 2 (Session 3)
Man In The Middle Attack(MITM)
- What is Backtrack Linux?
- What is Kali Linux?
- What is Man-in-the-middle attack?
- Preparation for Man-in-the-middle attack (Demo)
- Setting Ettercap tool for the attack (Demo)
- What is phishing?
- Preparation for phishing
- Phishing using Local server
Trojan, Worms And Viruses
- Introduction to the concepts of Trojans, worms and viruses
How to use Virtual Machine (Live Demo)
How to use Backtrack (Live Demo)
Project to be Covered
- Phishing (Internet And Domain Required)
- MITM (Internet Required)
- Denial Of Service (Internet Required)
- SQL Injection Using Dvwa
- Windows Hacking
- Fake Email (Internet Required)
- Creation Of Trojans And Viruses
- Workshop Handout
- Workshop Timeline
- Useful Tools
- Video Lectures
- Linux based Penetration Testing OS (BACKTRACK5)