Automation with Raspberry Pi and Python - Robothlon'17
Robothlon'17 is a National level workshop series organized by Robosapiens Technologies in association with Rendezvous 2017 IIT Delhi. We are Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. an IIT-Bombay alumni venture.
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It is a capable little device that enables people of all ages to explore computing, and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python.
The duration of this workshop will be 1 day , with 3 Sessions , 3 hours each, properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions.
Certificate by Robothlon'17 in Association With Rendezvous 2017 IIT Delhi.
Day 1 (Session 1)
Introduction to Raspberry Pi
- Introduction of Raspberry Pi's Hardware and Peripherals.
- Description and Hardware specifications of GPIO.
- OS Installation on Raspberry Pi (Raspbian).
Setting up Various options in the OS and Verifying settings
- Changing general settings.
- Setup using configuration Utility.
- LED and Buttons using Shell Script.
Updating and installing Software on your new System
- Updating Software sources on new OS.
- Installing RPi.GPIO package.
Preparing Raspberry Pi as a L.A.M.P. Stack
- Installing Apache.
- Installing PhP.
- Installing Mysql.
- Verifying installation.
Day 1 (Session 2)
Introduction to Python Programming Language
- Variables and Numbers.
- Looping Structures.
- Conditional Statements.
- Lists, Tuples and Dictionaries.
- Type Conversions.
- Function declaration.
- Calling functions and passing values.
- Function Returning values.
- Exiting from functions.
Inbuilt Packages in Python and installing new packages
- Default modules in python.
- Installing new modules via pip.
- Widely used modules and functions.
System and File Operations using Python
- Performing system functions.
- Reading/Writing to File.
- GPIO programming using python.
Web based Device control
- Hosting HTML page for device Control.
- Testing web based control.
Day 1 (Session 3)
Connecting to the Internet
- Socket Programming.
- Introduction to GET and POST request.
- Programming an API like request handler.
- Controlling System Via API calls.
- Automate Checking Emails.
- Automate Sending Emails.
- Automate Switching on and switching off of device(time based).
- Switch on/off device by emails.
- Introduction to GUI elements.
- Placing Elements in the GUI Window.
- Attaching Actions to Buttons and other Elements.
- Device Control using GUI.
Project to be Covered
- Hangman Game.
- Writing To File and Reading From it.
- Blinking LED.
- Button Interfacing.
- Device control Using Web page.
- Device Control Using http calls.
- Device Control using Emails.
- Device Control Using GUI.